Playing free association with animal prints can bring to mind the jungle room at Graceland, Heather Locklear’s sheets on Melrose Place or the fashion choices of Snooki from Jersey Shore. But what designers know is that animal prints can be so much more sophisticated than that. And designers sometimes use these patterns to add a touch of whimsy to an otherwise serious room. After all, even a serious room can use a little bit of Eartha Kitt to make it really purr.
1. Make things playful.
2. Add a dash of eccentricity.
3. Add pattern with ease.
4. Make a staircase enticing (and durable).
5. Embrace the best of bravura modern style.
6. Keep the whimsy going in a kidcentric room.
7. Lighten things up.
8. Get attention.
9. Surprise with an unexpected color.
10. Up the elegance.
11. Bring exotic texture to the bath.
12. Ground a room.
13. Layer in some global style.