They’re big, comfy and totally napworthy. If something’s been holding you back from indulging in the pure comfort of a sectional, here are 10 reasons to just go for it. Whether your space is large or small, family friendly or slick and modern, see if there is a sectional that will work with your style and space.
1. Sectionals add definition to a room where the sofa must “float.” Living rooms with lots of doors and other features (fireplace, bookshelves, radiators) that take up wall space can be difficult to furnish. In these situations a traditional sofa usually needs a sofa table behind it to lend some support if you plan to float it (place it away from the wall), but a sectional’s heft lets it stand alone.
2. Sectionals are cozy for TV watching and fireside snuggling. There’s nothing like snuggling up under a blanket on a big, squashy sectional for comfort. Just be sure to aim the TV toward the center of the sectional so everyone seated has a decent view.
3. Sectionals lend a casual vibe to a rec room. Have a room for Ping-Pong, pool or games? A sectional is a natural choice to provide seating between matches. Casual and easygoing, sectionals are great for playrooms and party spaces, too. What kid wouldn’t enjoy building a massive fort out of sectional cushions?
4. Sectionals bring softness and warmth to a modern space. The sharp lines, metal and glass of a sleek, modern apartment can feel a bit cold. Warm things up by bringing in a generously sized, delightfully comfortable sectional to plunk down on. And unlike in the past, sectionals today are available in slimmed-down, modern silhouettes that look right at home in an urban loft.
5. Sectionals sneak in extra napping spots. A generously sized chaise makes a great spot for catching a quick nap — or even for a friend to crash on for the night. Not all sectional chaises are created equal, so if you plan to use yours for napping or overnight guests, don’t be shy … lie down on it to test it out before buying.
6. Sectionals can furnish a fuss-free large space. When you start filling up an expansive living space with smaller pieces of furniture — a sofa here, a few armchairs and a side table there — it can start to look cluttered. Choose a roomy sectional instead to keep things simple and streamlined.
7. Sectionals carve out rooms within a room. Sectionals are also great for creating a division between two seating areas, or between rooms in an open-plan space. Here a sectional creates a comfy lounge area on one side and a cozy fireside seating area on the other.
8. Sectionals make a small space more comfortable. It seems like it shouldn’t work, but filling a compact room with a sectional can actually make the space feel larger — and way more comfortable. And if you add an ottoman as the coffee table, you can boost seating options as well.
9. Sectionals exercise your creativity. Some sectional options can even be combined to create seating areas on two sides, as shown here. Being able to completely customize your sectional means you can get seating that fits your space — and your lifestyle — perfectly.
10. Sectionals help you stay flexible. Just because you’re using your loveseat and chaise sectional together now doesn’t mean that’s the only way they can be used. If you move into a new home and the configuration no longer works, you can always use the pieces separately, even in different rooms.
Article published on Houzz.com